Looking for an internship? Awesome! We love giving students an opportunity at furthering their career goals in a fun, musical and fast paced atmosphere. If you want to be the envy of all your friends, you want to intern for iHeartMedia. Our market includes 96.9 The Kat, 1065 The End, Channel 96-1, 1029 The Lake, and 99.7 The Fox. You'll learn aspects from promotions, programming, sales, production and more! Most interns will spend time working with all of the aforementioned stations.
There are a few requirements for anyone seeking a promotions/marketing internship at iHeartMedia.
1. You must be a college student & must receive college credit.
2. You must have a flexible schedule. We will work with your school schedule but plan to at least give up 10 hours a week, if not more. Our schedule will vary depending on events and concerts.
3. You must be available some nights and weekends. The music industry doesn’t always work on a 9-to-5 schedule. Sometimes we have to be at a late night concert or an early morning artist interview or even a Saturday night show at a venue. It all depends on what comes through town and we can’t guarantee you’ll be home before dinner every night.
4. You must be enthusiastic with a love for music and socializing. If you aren’t a people person, this probably isn’t the internship for you. We spend a lot of time talking to the public about our music stations and getting people to tune in. You are the face of iHeartMedia. When people see you at events or shows, they want to talk to you, see what you’re up to and if you’re in a bad mood that puts a negative impression on our listeners.
5. You must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for longer periods of time. By no means is that a daily occurrence, but once you’re on the streets you may have to lift tents, speakers or anything else to get events set up.
Does this sound sound up your alley?
For Promotions/Marketing Internships send your cover letter and resume to:
801 Wood Ridge Center Dr. Charlotte, NC 28217
No phone calls, please.